Back in 2003, our management team identified a niche. The community pub.
We put our finger on why the sector had been failing, with under investment, poor maintenance, unsympathetic refurbishment and non-existent marketing topping our list. We then set about acquiring 30 pubs under the name of Bold Pub Company from Telford to West Yorkshire, to prove that, properly managed, there is still a place for the community pub. We eventually sold the business in 2007.
To build on our success and do things even better, we then set up Bravo Inns Limited. With headquarters in Warrington, we started with just 5 pubs.
A very successful acquisition programme has seen us grow to 34 houses across Greater Manchester, North Cheshire and Lancashire.
Essentially, we succeed because we adhere to core values:
- The right locations. We only choose pubs in appropriate places - ie. on our home patch, with the right catchment area.
- The right people. Absolutely vital. Our managers are the heart and soul of their communities, and we give them all the support they need.
- The right sports. We support traditional pub sports like dominoes and darts, as well as broadcasting the likes of all the North West Premier League & Super League teams on Sky Sports and BT Sport.
- The right products. We know our communities - and the products they want. The prices they want as well - to us, top line growth is more important than inflated margins.
- The right standards. For service, maintenance, environment - and value for money.
- The right partners. Financiers, contractors, suppliers - we source the right people, then stick with them.
By turning back the clock, Bravo is a company that's moving forward.